More Mental Health Articles
Every six weeks or so I like to do a quick round-up of writings I’ve done elsewhere, just in case you’ve missed them. This session’s round-up include subjects like assisted outpatient treatment, self-harm and mental health stigma. Here are some of the notable articles:
- Assisted Outpatient Treatment Thoughts – I’ve previously written here about assisted outpatient treatment (AOT; also known as Laura’s Law) and I’ve written two additional pieces on Human Rights and Assisted Outpatient Treatment and Does Assisted Outpatient Treatment Work?
- Self-Harm Thoughts – I’ve been on a bit of a self-harm jag recently and I’ve written about Stress Leading to Self-Harm, created a video on Stress, Anxiety and Self-Harm and whether or not to Hide Self-Harm Scars. I’ve received some amazing and touching comments on these pieces.
- Credibility and Mental Illness – ironically, by admitting I write under a nom de plume I seem to have lost credibility with some people on a very post talking about Losing Credibility Due to a Mental Illness.
- Acceptance and Mental Health – as I wrote about Acceptance of Bipolar Disorder Being a Process, acceptance of mental illness treatment is a process also, including the idea that Taking Medication Makes you Weak. This includes information on accepting the limitations placed on us by bipolar disorder.
- “Soft” Bipolar – information on what Bipolar Not Otherwise Specified (NOS) is. Indications you might be bipolar even if not traditionally so: Soft Signs of Bipolar Disorder.
- Drug-Free Treatments – Alternative Treatments for Bipolar disorder, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) for Bipolar disorder and Drug-Free Products to Help you Sleep better.
- Understanding How Lithium Treats Bipolar Disorder – mice are helping us understand bipolar disorder and lithium.