I don't just write at the Burble - I'm also a writer, speaker and social media consultant for hire. I work with companies and individuals to establish online platforms. I also speak at schools, businesses and conferences. Learn more about what I do.
Want to know where I do most of my research? I've flagged some resources I think are trustworthy and are worth looking at.
If you feel like you might hurt yourself or someone else, get help now. You are not alone. Life doesn't have to be this hard.
→ June 29, 2015 - 31 Comments
Have you ever attempted suicide because of a mental illness? Have you ever gone to the emergency room (ER) because of a suicide attempt related to a mental illness? If you have, then you probably know, the mentally ill who attempt suicide are second-class patients in the ER. Doctors seem to, distinctly, not like people who attempt suicide. The same goes with people who self-harm. These people are second-class patients as well. But why are the mentally ill who attempt suicide second-class patients?
→ June 23, 2015 - 26 Comments
Do you have bipolar depression and feel like you need a vacation? Well, I have sad news for you, vacations can make bipolar worse, not better. Don’t get me wrong, they don’t have to, and if you’re in a good place in your bipolar right now, you might just have a great time, but if you are really sick with bipolar, that vacation you want might make your bipolar depression worse.
→ June 16, 2015 - 56 Comments
Yup, Truehope is threatening to sue me, Natasha Tracy, mental health writer with regards to slander and defamation of their company and product, EMPowerplus. All this because of six articles written over a year-and-a-half ago (when I tried their product).
→ June 9, 2015 - 19 Comments
If you search the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, you will see that anger is not a symptom of bipolar disorder. If you search the International Classification of Diseases manual (maintained by the World Health Organization) you will see that anger is not a symptom of bipolar disorder. It doesn’t appear to be recognized, or even proposed, that a symptom of bipolar disorder is anger.
The trouble with this seems to be that many people do experience anger, irritation and aggression as symptoms of their bipolar disorder. I am one of those people.
Welcome to the Bipolar Burble. I'm Natasha Tracy, your host.
Warning! This site is about bipolar disorder and other mental health issues and talks about subjects such as suicide, self-harm and other touchy subjects. This site is not intended for youth and may be disturbing to some.
Nothing on this site should be considered a medical recommendation. I am not a doctor. Anything of interest should be discussed with your doctor. No guarantee of accuracy is expressed or implied. (Sorry, I have to say that.)
All writing and mental health information here is accurate to the best of my knowledge at the time of publication. However, keep in mind my opinion, and available information, changes over time.
- Thx 4 RT @NAMI_BrevardFL: What Caused My #Bipolar Disorder: Nature or Nurture? - http://t.co/n7fYECKdGR #BC2M #RossSzabo about 12 minutes ago from Hootsuite
- Thx 4 RT @KristaPfr: The Mentally Ill Who Attempt #Suicide Are Second-Class Patients http://t.co/nPTToQookN about 26 minutes ago from Hootsuite
- Thx 4 RT @LUCNamiNH: The Value of Rest in #Bipolar Disorder - http://t.co/3fwaDx67ui #bipolardisorder about 49 minutes ago from Hootsuite
- #Coping with #Bipolar #Emotions Using #Logic http://t.co/CGxsISp26g about 2 hours ago from Hootsuite
- The Value of Rest in #Bipolar Disorder http://t.co/yknDm3bAtM #mentalillness #mentalhealth #depression #psych about 13 hours ago from Hootsuite
- Michael on Bipolar – I Just Want to Be Like Everyone Else:
Being that I cycle daily, sometimes I actually have a normal day and can't …
- Kimberly on What Caused My Bipolar Disorder: Nature or Nurture?:
Thank you for sharing. I'm 19 years old and was just diagnosed this year. M…
- Johannes on Coping with Bipolar Emotions Using Logic:
I think that in general these are good advice but I also believe that the l…
- Cat on Depression and Feeling Dead Inside:
I know this is going to sound different, but here's the truth. Ever since m…
- Jacen on Why Should I Continue to Fight the Pain of Depression for Another 40 Years?:
People, I WAS depressed and Im convinced I have the answer to your sufferin…