I don't just write at the Burble - I'm also a writer, speaker and social media consultant for hire. I work with companies and individuals to establish online platforms. I also speak at schools, businesses and conferences. Learn more about what I do.
Want to know where I do most of my research? I've flagged some resources I think are trustworthy and are worth looking at.
If you feel like you might hurt yourself or someone else, get help now. You are not alone. Life doesn't have to be this hard.
→ September 24, 2015 - 15 Comments
I have been through lots of therapy and lots of therapists in my life and my contention is that therapy can’t be used to actually treat uncontrolled, serious mental illnesses. Now, don’t get me wrong, therapy can be supportive to a person with an uncontrolled, serious mental illness and therapy can be useful to a person with an uncontrolled, serious mental illness (such as in the case where the therapist tracks your bipolar symptoms and report changes to your doctor) but therapy cannot be used to actually treat a serious and uncontrolled mental illness.
→ September 16, 2015 - 41 Comments
I need a break from bipolar. Like, seriously. You know when people say they need a vacation? These people have no idea what it really is to need a vacation. When you have a chronic illness, you suddenly understand what real, daily pressure is and how much you need to get away from it – if only you could. I wish I could get a break from bipolar.
→ September 3, 2015 - 58 Comments
My father died Sunday at 8:10 a.m.. He was 69 years old.
I have bipolar disorder and I am grieving. I started grieving the second I heard my mother’s voice on the phone. She has a death tone. I knew by her hello and her pause that this was a death notification call. We all knew it was coming.
→ August 23, 2015 - 29 Comments
I was diagnosed with bipolar disorder 17 years ago and, yet, I still can’t accept the fact that bipolar makes me sick on a daily basis. When the bipolar symptoms come, my natural inclination is to deny them, or at least deny that they are caused by a brain illness. I want to think to myself that I’m just having a bad day or I didn’t sleep well last night or I’m coming down with something. I want to think that something normal and transient is causing my symptoms. I don’t want to think it’s something out of my control and long-lasting. Even with all my experience, my mind still doesn’t want to accept that my bipolar is the thing making me sick.
Welcome to the Bipolar Burble. I'm Natasha Tracy, your host.
Warning! This site is about bipolar disorder and other mental health issues and talks about subjects such as suicide, self-harm and other touchy subjects. This site is not intended for youth and may be disturbing to some.
Nothing on this site should be considered a medical recommendation. I am not a doctor. Anything of interest should be discussed with your doctor. No guarantee of accuracy is expressed or implied. (Sorry, I have to say that.)
All writing and mental health information here is accurate to the best of my knowledge at the time of publication. However, keep in mind my opinion, and available information, changes over time.
- Thx 4 RT @jbuchana: Bipolar – I’ve Forgotten What It Is to Be Normal - http://t.co/gIJMlTwtiJ #bipolar #mentalhealth #mentalillness about 1 hour ago from Hootsuite
- Psych Meds, #Psychiatry and #Psychology at Evil? http://t.co/T6I1Dttnae #mentalillness about 1 hour ago from Hootsuite
- Thx 4 RT @DJROSTI: Retweeted Natasha Tracy: "Mood Disorder" Doesn't Describe #Bipolar, Pain or Crazy... http://t.co/SYk8z3FKHl about 1 hour ago from Hootsuite
- "Mood Disorder" Doesn't Describe #Bipolar, Pain or Crazy http://t.co/HQSUnStWL9 #psych about 14 hours ago from Hootsuite
- "Mood Disorder" Doesn't Describe #Bipolar, Pain or Crazy http://t.co/LYsszx8EeB #mhsm about 17 hours ago from Hootsuite
- "Mood Disorder" Doesn't Describe #Bipolar, Pain or Crazy http://t.co/6lglMwB9tf #mentalhealth about 19 hours ago from Hootsuite
- Gabe on Bipolar Disorder Type I: Mania and Delusions of Grandeur :
I will apologize if you took anything in my comment to be hurtful. It was …
- will nist on What I Know about EMPowerplus by Truehope that You Don’t:
Jennie try going off Tru-hope (Tru-death) first. They say it is a "med" so…
- Chris Beaverhausen on "Mood Disorder" Doesn't Describe Bipolar, Pain or Crazy:
Oh, how do I relate to this crazy, F'd up life I call bipolar II. Here's h…
- Lin on "Mood Disorder" Doesn't Describe Bipolar, Pain or Crazy:
Perfectly stated! But when they still don't get it... Our life saving delus…
- Jeff on Why Don’t People Get Help for Mental Illness?:
You seem to have similar experiences with Bi-polar disorder...I would be in…