I don't just write at the Burble - I'm also a writer, speaker and social media consultant for hire. I work with companies and individuals to establish online platforms. I also speak at schools, businesses and conferences. Learn more about what I do.
Want to know where I do most of my research? I've flagged some resources I think are trustworthy and are worth looking at.
If you feel like you might hurt yourself or someone else, get help now. You are not alone. Life doesn't have to be this hard.
→ June 27, 2016 - 7 Comments
People with mental illness do, sometimes, need a push to make things happen, but when do you push a person with a mental illness forward? Obviously, you should never push a person until he or she breaks – and there is a risk of this with those with mental illness because many of us can’t take the same pressures (stress can cause bipolar hypomania, among other things) that other people can. Nevertheless, a supportive push forward can be helpful but do know when to push a person with mental illness.
→ June 21, 2016 - 14 Comments
One of the things my writing does is validate bipolar experiences. This is helpful for people for a very simple reason. When you know that even just one other person is facing the same challenges as you because of bipolar disorder, you feel validated, this has many benefits and it is something we all need. Additionally, harm definitely comes from not validating bipolar experiences – and many of our loved ones do this, perhaps without even knowing it. It’s important to realize that validation of bipolar experiences actually helps a person’s mental health.
→ June 14, 2016 - 7 Comments
I’ve noticed something about when I’m suicidal: I’m more accident-prone when I’m suicidal. I know that the word “accident” suggests that nothing would be causing it as it is unintentional – this is true, sort of – but I still find that suicidality affects the presence of accidents.
→ June 2, 2016 - 33 Comments
I hear people say they have “down days” in bipolar disorder. These people are, typically, those who are doing well but still have these things called “down days.” But what is a “down day?” What are these people talking about? I do not identify with this concept at all. My bipolar disorder don’t contain “down days” it contains days, weeks and months that try to kill me.
Welcome to the Bipolar Burble. I'm Natasha Tracy, your host.
Warning! This site is about bipolar disorder and other mental health issues and talks about subjects such as suicide, self-harm and other touchy subjects. This site is not intended for youth and may be disturbing to some.
Nothing on this site should be considered a medical recommendation. I am not a doctor. Anything of interest should be discussed with your doctor. No guarantee of accuracy is expressed or implied. (Sorry, I have to say that.)
All writing and mental health information here is accurate to the best of my knowledge at the time of publication. However, keep in mind my opinion, and available information, changes over time.
- RT @MentalIllPolicy: AOT and Long-Term Use of Antipsychotics | Psychiatric Services https://t.co/sutxGk4Pu2 about 5 hours ago from Hootsuite
- #Bipolar -- I Just Want to Be Like Everyone Else https://t.co/DuAqYQPRHF #mentalillness #mentalhealth #psych about 7 hours ago from Hootsuite
- #Bipolar -- I Just Want to Be Like Everyone Else https://t.co/DuAqYQPRHF #depression about 9 hours ago from Hootsuite
- #Bipolar -- I Just Want to Be Like Everyone Else https://t.co/DuAqYQPRHF #psych #mhchat about 11 hours ago from Hootsuite
- #Bipolar -- I Just Want to Be Like Everyone Else https://t.co/DuAqYQPRHF #mentalhealth #mhsm about 14 hours ago from Hootsuite
- John Hammell on Baby of Truehope Believers Dies, Likely Due to Lack of Medical Care:
Viral Meningitis is a very rare disease, and death can often come quickly, …
- Tim Casey on What I Know about EMPowerplus by Truehope that You Don’t:
Just for the record.... EmpowerPlus has its own DIN (Drug Identification Nu…
- Arrah on Real Patient Experiences with ECT and Perspectives on ECT:
Hello All, I am a 34 year old teacher and have been successfully treated…
- Laura on Blaming Others for Bipolar Disorder:
I blamed people places and things before I knew I had bipolar. Knowing has …
- Ronald Pies MD on What Does Having a “Down Day” in Bipolar Really Mean?:
I I would like to clear up a misunderstanding re: the "bipolar spectrum",…