I don't just write at the Burble - I'm also a writer, speaker and social media consultant for hire. I work with companies and individuals to establish online platforms. I also speak at schools, businesses and conferences. Learn more about what I do.
Want to know where I do most of my research? I've flagged some resources I think are trustworthy and are worth looking at.
If you feel like you might hurt yourself or someone else, get help now. You are not alone. Life doesn't have to be this hard.
→ November 30, 2016 - 13 Comments
Many of us have the insight to know when we are manic, hypomanic or depressed or in another bipolar mood state but, unfortunately, even though I might know I’m hypomanic, depressed or mixed, I can’t necessarily help it. I wish I could. I wish that knowing what my bipolar disorder was doing would somehow alter it, but it typically doesn’t. I just can’t help it when I’m hypomanic, depressed or in a mixed mood – even when it’s clear to me.
→ November 14, 2016 - 5 Comments
If you’re on my mailing list you head last week that a GoodReads giveaway was started. Right now I’m giving away three paperback copies of Lost Marbles: Insights into My Life with Depression & Bipolar.
→ November 10, 2016 - 3 Comments
Today Bipolar Burble welcomes Dayton Uttinger, the best friend of a person with bipolar disorder.
My best friend with mental illness is one who don’t seek treatment. She is either constantly bored, always beginning new projects, or depression overtakes her, sealing her in a straightjacket of self-doubt and suicidal thoughts. Furthermore, she relies on me to be able to let her know when bipolar disorder is seriously affecting her. I take care not to dismiss her feelings, and sometimes there’s no avoiding a rush of directionless emotion, but it’s worked well enough. It’s been over ten years of this, and there’s been definite ups and downs. Eventually, she started to worry that she was being demanding. But there are things that I, as her best friend, want her to know about her and her mental illness.
→ October 30, 2016 - 10 Comments
I’ve been forced to realize that writing my book about bipolar and depression has almost killed me. This is hot hyperbole, this is really what has happened. Of course, most people aren’t about to sit down and write/publish a book tomorrow but the point is that a massive effort and stressor has gotten to me. Almost killing me was not what I thought writing a book would do.
Welcome to the Bipolar Burble. I'm Natasha Tracy, your host.
Warning! This site is about bipolar disorder and other mental health issues and talks about subjects such as suicide, self-harm and other touchy subjects. This site is not intended for youth and may be disturbing to some.
Nothing on this site should be considered a medical recommendation. I am not a doctor. Anything of interest should be discussed with your doctor. No guarantee of accuracy is expressed or implied. (Sorry, I have to say that.)
All writing and mental health information here is accurate to the best of my knowledge at the time of publication. However, keep in mind my opinion, and available information, changes over time.
- Emotional States in Bipolar: Angry, Frustrated & Anxious | New Breaking #Bipolar https://t.co/7emgYDEeFP #mentalillness #mentalhealth about 16 hours ago from Hootsuite
- Emotional States in Bipolar: Angry, Frustrated & Anxious | New Breaking #Bipolar https://t.co/MmQdTQyxd0 #anger #depression about 20 hours ago from Hootsuite
- #Suicide -- Some Want to Die by "Accident" https://t.co/WWOEjMCJZx #unsuicide #depression about 20 hours ago from Hootsuite
- I Can't Save Your Life, But You Can https://t.co/uro43q7oVE #unsuicide #mentalhealth 03:00:43 PM December 02, 2016 from Hootsuite
- I Can't Save Your Life, But You Can https://t.co/uro43q7oVE #suicide #mentalillness 12:45:17 PM December 02, 2016 from Hootsuite
- Just here on Suicide – I Want to Die by Accident:
I have a gun but I don't want to use it, won't use it, not my choice of a w…
- sandra cobban on I Know I’m Hypomanic, Depressed or Mixed but I Can’t Help It:
Natasha: The roller coaster analogy fits me perfectly. With my rapid cy…
- Natasha Tracy on I Know I’m Hypomanic, Depressed or Mixed but I Can’t Help It:
Hi Cookie, Yes, doing a bit better now. Thanks. I hope you love the book…
- Cookie on I Know I’m Hypomanic, Depressed or Mixed but I Can’t Help It:
Good Morning! I hope you are feeling a little better today. I can only im…
- Sandra cobban on I Know I’m Hypomanic, Depressed or Mixed but I Can’t Help It:
Harry: all I can say is WOW!!! Sounds like you've got a lot of the BEAST…