I don't just write at the Burble - I'm also a writer, speaker and social media consultant for hire. I work with companies and individuals to establish online platforms. I also speak at schools, businesses and conferences. Learn more about what I do.
Want to know where I do most of my research? I've flagged some resources I think are trustworthy and are worth looking at.
If you feel like you might hurt yourself or someone else, get help now. You are not alone. Life doesn't have to be this hard.
→ January 9, 2017 - 13 Comments
The issue with bipolar disorder isn’t that we have feelings, it’s that our feelings are too big. Emotions are normal, even big emotions at certain times are normal but people with bipolar have feelings that are too big far too much of the time.
→ December 28, 2016 - 19 Comments
I am not a parent, let alone a parent of someone with mental illness, nevertheless, but it is still clear to me that parents of the mentally ill get blamed for their child’s mental illness. I honestly don’t know if my mother has ever experienced this, but I know of other parents who have. One woman I know comes to mind. Her daughter has schizophrenia and requires a lot of help to successfully maintain her wellness and live on her own. Her mother provides everything she can to make this happen – and it’s a lot. And yet, this mother has been blamed for her daughter’s schizophrenia. But parents aren’t to blame for their child’s mental illness.
→ December 19, 2016 - 14 Comments
I can’t control my brain. I can’t control my emotions. I can’t control my tears. I can’t control my irritation. I can’t control my need for excess sleep. I feel like I can’t control anything. And not being able to control my brain or my emotions makes me feel entirely inadequate as a human being.
→ December 14, 2016 - 12 Comments
One of the annoying things about having a serious mental illness like bipolar disorder is that doctors blame all physical pain on bipolar disorder. It feels like if you have a hangnail it must be because of bipolar. It feels like the pain from a broken leg must be from bipolar disorder. Doctors just seem to leap to the conclusion that bipolar is always to blame even when other physical ailments are or may be present.
Welcome to the Bipolar Burble. I'm Natasha Tracy, your host.
Warning! This site is about bipolar disorder and other mental health issues and talks about subjects such as suicide, self-harm and other touchy subjects. This site is not intended for youth and may be disturbing to some.
Nothing on this site should be considered a medical recommendation. I am not a doctor. Anything of interest should be discussed with your doctor. No guarantee of accuracy is expressed or implied. (Sorry, I have to say that.)
All writing and mental health information here is accurate to the best of my knowledge at the time of publication. However, keep in mind my opinion, and available information, changes over time.
- #Bipolar -- Our Feelings Are Too Big https://t.co/nkkGxPkcVy #mentalillness #psych about 11 hours ago from Hootsuite
- #Bipolar -- Our Feelings Are Too Big https://t.co/X2aFVTJEYH about 13 hours ago from Hootsuite
- Thx 4 RT @tolookforward2: Great post explains how emotions r on a spectrum. Some r more intense than others #bipolar https://t.co/yrKixZWyQ8 about 16 hours ago from Hootsuite
- RT @JessicaGimeno: On #SaveACA, @SenatorDurbin "Don't agonize! Organize " #repealkillsme https://t.co/3AtFgPClpN 12:20:58 PM January 15, 2017 from Hootsuite
- Bipolar -- Our Feelings Are Too Big | New #Bipolar Burble https://t.co/X2aFVTJEYH #depression #mi #mh 09:45:36 AM January 15, 2017 from Hootsuite
- Electroconvulsive Therapy Predictors -- Who Does #ECT Work For? https://t.co/lvLa1WpH2a #depression #treatment 08:30:37 AM January 15, 2017 from Hootsuite
- Amber on Bipolar – Our Feelings Are Too Big:
Hey, Natasha, thank you for this post. I appreciate your writing and I've u…
- Patricia Louise on Bipolar – Our Feelings Are Too Big:
Paul: You have written a sincere and honest post explaining how the raw, s…
- stevie nicks on I Can’t Control My Bipolar Brain or Emotions, I Feel Inadequate:
It seems like your primary physician is overlooking your Candida and your w…
- Linda Van Zandt on I Can’t Control My Bipolar Brain or Emotions, I Feel Inadequate:
I wonder if you could be low in serotonin. If so, have you tried taking 5-H…
- Cyndee on Bipolar – Our Feelings Are Too Big:
I suppose I am more reactive to stresses than most people I know. I suppose…