I don't just write at the Burble - I'm also a writer, speaker and social media consultant for hire. I work with companies and individuals to establish online platforms. I also speak at schools, businesses and conferences. Learn more about what I do.
Want to know where I do most of my research? I've flagged some resources I think are trustworthy and are worth looking at.
If you feel like you might hurt yourself or someone else, get help now. You are not alone. Life doesn't have to be this hard.
→ September 3, 2015 - 13 Comments
My father died Sunday at 8:10 a.m.. He was 69 years old.
I have bipolar disorder and I am grieving. I started grieving the second I heard my mother’s voice on the phone. She has a death tone. I knew by her hello and her pause that this was a death notification call. We all knew it was coming.
→ August 23, 2015 - 26 Comments
I was diagnosed with bipolar disorder 17 years ago and, yet, I still can’t accept the fact that bipolar makes me sick on a daily basis. When the bipolar symptoms come, my natural inclination is to deny them, or at least deny that they are caused by a brain illness. I want to think to myself that I’m just having a bad day or I didn’t sleep well last night or I’m coming down with something. I want to think that something normal and transient is causing my symptoms. I don’t want to think it’s something out of my control and long-lasting. Even with all my experience, my mind still doesn’t want to accept that my bipolar is the thing making me sick.
→ August 12, 2015 - 31 Comments
I call myself crazy. I do. I’ve written about it before. I also say, “I am bipolar,” so shoot me. It’s not that I say these things pejoratively, I don’t, I say them because they’re correct usages of the English language and they are accurate. Other people have a problem with this. But you know what, their problem is not my problem. If I want to call myself crazy, or bipolar, or a redhead that’s my business, not yours.
→ July 21, 2015 - 99 Comments
I take psychiatric medications daily and what I want to know is, why do people refuse to try psychiatric medication for serious mental illnesses? Why do people think they don’t need it? Why do people think they should ignore their highly-trained doctor’s advice? Why do people feel that taking psychiatric medication makes them less of a person? Why is it okay to take heart medication but not psychiatric medication? Why do people think that psychiatric medication doesn’t work? Why do people think that I know of some secret alternative? Why do people refuse to even try psychiatric medication?
Welcome to the Bipolar Burble. I'm Natasha Tracy, your host.
Warning! This site is about bipolar disorder and other mental health issues and talks about subjects such as suicide, self-harm and other touchy subjects. This site is not intended for youth and may be disturbing to some.
Nothing on this site should be considered a medical recommendation. I am not a doctor. Anything of interest should be discussed with your doctor. No guarantee of accuracy is expressed or implied. (Sorry, I have to say that.)
All writing and mental health information here is accurate to the best of my knowledge at the time of publication. However, keep in mind my opinion, and available information, changes over time.
- My Father Died -- #Grief and Bipolar Disorder | New #Bipolar Burble http://t.co/Yxb4PkwCDA #mentalillness #depression #mhchat about 2 hours ago from Hootsuite
- My Father Died -- #Grief and Bipolar Disorder | New #Bipolar Burble http://t.co/wZTeanaPZb #mentalillness #depression #psych about 4 hours ago from Hootsuite
- My Father Died -- #Grief and Bipolar Disorder | New #Bipolar Burble http://t.co/H9PHzW49QX #mentalillness #depression #mhsm about 7 hours ago from Hootsuite
- #Bipolar #Depression -- When Will I Feel Better? http://t.co/N0R1vpFkax #mentalillness about 7 hours ago from Hootsuite
- My Father Died -- #Grief and Bipolar Disorder | New #Bipolar Burble http://t.co/x4rZgoMEnb #depression about 9 hours ago from Hootsuite
- Thx 4 RT @ActivaMent: Caffeine and #MentalIllness and Caffeine Disorders http://t.co/m84WUGYBiI #Bipolar about 10 hours ago from Hootsuite
- Monica on My Father Died – Grief and Bipolar Disorder:
I almost loss my dad to a stroke, lost my grandma 2 weeks later, and a good…
- tabby on My Father Died – Grief and Bipolar Disorder:
I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my mother to Cancer in 2000. She …
- T on Why Do People Refuse to Try Psychiatric Medication?:
Totally, bro, I hear ya bro...wish I could write more but the Kardashians a…
- Mark on My Father Died – Grief and Bipolar Disorder:
Very sorry for your loss. There are no easy answers, and no right or wrong.…
- Patricia Louise on My Father Died – Grief and Bipolar Disorder:
So sorry for your loss, Natasha. You are an exceptional person who helps s…