I don't just write at the Burble - I'm also a writer, speaker and social media consultant for hire. I work with companies and individuals to establish online platforms. I also speak at schools, businesses and conferences. Learn more about what I do.
Want to know where I do most of my research? I've flagged some resources I think are trustworthy and are worth looking at.
If you feel like you might hurt yourself or someone else, get help now. You are not alone. Life doesn't have to be this hard.
→ March 19, 2017 - 4 Comments
Turmeric (curcumin) may be a new, inexpensive depression and anxiety treatment. It’s early days on this one, but it’s worth noting because it is so available and inexpensive. Here is where the research is on turmeric as a treatment for depression and anxiety.
→ March 14, 2017 - 9 Comments
I get nasty headaches with bipolar disorder. I don’t think they’re migraines, but I do have to take medication and typically have to lie down for the headaches to go away. They tend to happen about two hours after I get up in the morning (meaning medication side effects may play a part, certainly). And I know that I’m not the only person with bipolar disorder suffering with headaches or even migraines – there is, actually, a known link.
→ March 5, 2017 - 8 Comments
Earworms are torture. If you’re not familiar with earworms – lucky you – they are like when a song gets stuck in your head. Over and over and over you hear the same thing. An earworm doesn’t have to be music, but from my experience, it typically is. And If I were to torture someone, I would make them listen to four lines of a song for days and days. I’m fairly certain it would break a person. I feel like earworms almost break me.
I wrote an article on earworms years ago and people still email me about it. This is because people get earworms for days, weeks, months or even years. Some people truly do feel tortured by earworms and would do anything to get rid of them. I completely understand where these people are coming from.
→ February 15, 2017 - 19 Comments
I lie to myself about bipolar. I lie to myself about everything being fine. I lie to myself about the next day being a clean slate and possibly a beautiful one. I lie to myself about the possibility of falling in love. I lie to myself that the bipolar isn’t that bad. I just lie and lie and lie and lie.
Welcome to the Bipolar Burble. I'm Natasha Tracy, your host.
Warning! This site is about bipolar disorder and other mental health issues and talks about subjects such as suicide, self-harm and other touchy subjects. This site is not intended for youth and may be disturbing to some.
Nothing on this site should be considered a medical recommendation. I am not a doctor. Anything of interest should be discussed with your doctor. No guarantee of accuracy is expressed or implied. (Sorry, I have to say that.)
All writing and mental health information here is accurate to the best of my knowledge at the time of publication. However, keep in mind my opinion, and available information, changes over time.
- The Difference Between #Bipolar I & Bipolar II https://t.co/1BJpJi0zmn #psych #mentalillness about 17 hours ago from Hootsuite
- #Bipolar's Not Bad Enough, We Beat Ourselves Up https://t.co/fIpmsxYVX5 #mentalillness #mentalhealth about 19 hours ago from Hootsuite
- The Difference Between #Bipolar I & Bipolar II https://t.co/1BJpJi0zmn #mentalillness #mentalhealth about 20 hours ago from Hootsuite
- I Can't Get Pregnant, I Have #Bipolar Disorder https://t.co/kNm7wP4VGX #mentalhealth #health about 20 hours ago from Hootsuite
- Tony on Turmeric – Possible New, Inexpensive, Depression and Anxiety Treatment:
Traditional Medicinal has a Turmeric, Meadowsweet, & Ginger tea that is…
- Susan George on Turmeric – Possible New, Inexpensive, Depression and Anxiety Treatment:
Amazing health benefits of turmeric uncovered. I have always been a great f…
- Ch on The Torture of Earworms (When a Song Is Stuck in Your Head):
- stevie nicks on The Torture of Earworms (When a Song Is Stuck in Your Head):
I never knew this had such an odd name but I have it, - and have had it for…
- Alto on Turmeric – Possible New, Inexpensive, Depression and Anxiety Treatment:
I will never take prednisone again. I took it briefly this past fall for br…