I don't just write at the Burble - I'm also a writer, speaker and social media consultant for hire. I work with companies and individuals to establish online platforms. I also speak at schools, businesses and conferences. Learn more about what I do.
Want to know where I do most of my research? I've flagged some resources I think are trustworthy and are worth looking at.
If you feel like you might hurt yourself or someone else, get help now. You are not alone. Life doesn't have to be this hard.
→ September 28, 2016 - 3 Comments
I mentioned on Facebook recently that I’m rapid cycling. If I ever wondered if the bipolar diagnosis was accurate, the bipolar cycling moods have certainly convinced me that it is. If you’re curious, this is ultradian cycling — i.e. cycling where moods last only hours. That can also be classified as a mixed mood because the cycles are so short.
All of this is to say that I’m not well right now. It’s fine. I’ve seen my psychiatrist, we have a plan and I’m working the plan. But the plan takes time, as all plans do.
So while the plan portends usefulness, I am stuck on the rollercoaster from hell. And in this particularly hellish place I wrote this piece. It is not cheery, it would trigger some and if you’re having a bad day these are not the 300 words for you. Proceed with caution
→ September 21, 2016 - 2 Comments
If you’re interested in my new book: Lost Marbles: Insights into My Life with Depression & Bipolar, good news — early reviews are in. I’m thrilled to say I have reviews from mental illness advocates like DJ Jaffe and authors like Julie A. Fast. I’ve also got an updated table of contents and release dates.
→ September 14, 2016 - 38 Comments
It feels like I’ve been waiting for years to tell everyone the title of my book, but the fact is, the title has only existed in its current form for a short while. It’s funny how I can write 1000s of words for myself or for clients, practically without thinking about it but when I considered the title for my book, every, single syllable was tough to decide on. And the cover? That took many, many iterations and multiple designers (including me taking a crack at it).
→ September 7, 2016 - 49 Comments
I want to be happy. It’s been a long time since I, genuinely, have been. Yes, the bipolar medications do their job and keep me alive; and yes, I’m less depressed than when the bipolar medications weren’t working, but, still, I’m not happy. And while some people seem to think differently, I really, really want to be happy. It’s not my fault I can’t be happy.
Welcome to the Bipolar Burble. I'm Natasha Tracy, your host.
Warning! This site is about bipolar disorder and other mental health issues and talks about subjects such as suicide, self-harm and other touchy subjects. This site is not intended for youth and may be disturbing to some.
Nothing on this site should be considered a medical recommendation. I am not a doctor. Anything of interest should be discussed with your doctor. No guarantee of accuracy is expressed or implied. (Sorry, I have to say that.)
All writing and mental health information here is accurate to the best of my knowledge at the time of publication. However, keep in mind my opinion, and available information, changes over time.
- RT @CMHABC: We're looking for a Housing & Navigation Manager for our @cmhakelowna branch. Check out the job posting! https://t.co/Ivyw5x5A… about 12 minutes ago from Hootsuite
- The Underside of Bipolar Rapid Cycling #Moods | New #Bipolar Burble https://t.co/smxbQfxzKG #rapidcycling #mhchat about 52 minutes ago from Hootsuite
- RT @BodyAwareGrief: Feeling busy and overwhelmed can be even harder for those of us w/ #depression #bipolar @natasha_tracy #MentalHealth ht… about 2 hours ago from Hootsuite
- The Underside of Bipolar Rapid Cycling Moods | New #Bipolar Burble https://t.co/smxbQfxzKG #depression #mhsm about 3 hours ago from Hootsuite
- Pressure and the Limited #Time and Resources of Those with Mental Illness https://t.co/uMpsYPyHB9 #bipolar… https://t.co/nGcxngbHzU about 4 hours ago from Hootsuite
- The Underside of Bipolar Rapid Cycling Moods | New #Bipolar Burble https://t.co/smxbQfxzKG #rapidcycling https://t.co/aDZiAMonSp about 5 hours ago from Hootsuite
- journeyupward on The Underside of Bipolar Rapid Cycling Moods:
I'm glad that hidden part of you fights against that infinite night. Your …
- B on The Underside of Bipolar Rapid Cycling Moods:
Mother of mine!!! That is one powerfully written piece, exquisite in its rh…
- CJMeierhenry on What I Know about EMPowerplus by Truehope that You Don’t:
NOTHING works for everyone. EMPower is literally a life saver. I do, howev…
- Blitter on My Bipolar Makes Me Hate Everything and Everyone:
How do you externalize without putting yourself or others in danger. Writin…
- Mary Ann on The Underside of Bipolar Rapid Cycling Moods:
I am so sorry for what you are going through. I wish I could understand, b…