Breaking Bipolar Articles You Should Read
Admit it – you haven’t kept up with your bipolar reading. Come on. I know it. I can barely keep up and I write the bipolar articles.
Luckily for you, I like you a lot, and I’m happy to give you a little cheat sheet on what’s been getting attention at Breaking Bipolar. We’ve got mental illness and higher education, mental illness and physical pain, how to tell if it’s a med side effect and oh so much more.
Articles Breaking Bipolar Over at HealthyPlace
- Is it a Med Side Effect? – What is a medication side effect and what isn’t a med side effect? How can you tell?
- Temperature Dysregulation – Or Why I’m So Cold – Speaking of side effects – did you know psychiatric meds can change how your body temperature feels?
- Yes, You Can Get a Higher Degree With Bipolar Disorder – So many people have written me to say how successful they have been in school. Read this for inspiration and hope. Some people have taken 10 years to get their degree – but they got it. Article includes tips on being successful at school.
- Mental Illness Means Physical Pain Too – People think mental illness is “just” in your head. They would be wrong about that.
- Is It Really Never the Psychiatrist’s Fault? – I’m tired of doctors acting like they never make a mistake.
- Being Thankful Even When Anhedonic – Even when I can’t feel pleasure I can feel grateful for the things that go right in my life.
- How to Keep Going When Medication Doesn’t Work – And for your final dose of hope and encouragement, here are some tips on continuing mental illness treatment even when everything is going wrong.
Popular Articles at the Bipolar Burble
And just in case you haven’t been glued to the Bipolar Burble, here are a few things you should read here:
- Questioning the Evidence of the Efficacy of Therapy for Depression – Interesting information on how evidence-based therapy for depression really is. Less so than I would have thought. And do you think CBT is intellectual and analytical? I do, but a commenter disagrees.
- When to Get Off Antidepressants if You’re Bipolar – The first in a three-part series on getting off of antidepressants.
- Important Safety Warnings for St. John’s Wort – Please read if you’re on or thinking about trying St John’s wort.
- Cutting Supplemental Security Income Hurts Mentally Ill Children – A guest post by Allison Gamble that garnered a lot of reads.
- Psychiatric Myths Dispelled by Doctor – Fighting Antipsychiatry – Have you read this article yet? It garnered more comments than any other at the Burble. It’s always a hot topic.
About Natasha Tracy
Natasha Tracy is an award-winning writer, speaker and consultant from the Pacific Northwest. She has been living with bipolar disorder for 18 years and has written more than 1000 articles on the subject.