How do people with bipolar disorder think? Well, we’re not all the same, of course, but the thoughts of people with bipolar disorder do share many commonalities. For example, thoughts in bipolar disorder are commonly rife with cognitive distortions. Cognitive distortions are, basically, errors in thinking. Every person suffers from cognitive distortions sometimes — consider when you jump to the wrong conclusions without the facts or overgeneralize unfairly based on very limited information — however, people with bipolar disorder suffer more of them, more of the time. How people with bipolar think is driven, partly, by their mental illness.
If you want to know more about how people with bipolar think, how this drives their behaviors, and how to defeat cognitive distortions, then this is the bipolar masterclass for you.
How People with Bipolar Disorder Think Masterclass Topics
Topics for this bipolar masterclass include:
- Bipolar disorder mood basics
- How people think, in general
- How people with bipolar think, specifically
- What is a cognitive distortion? Why do they exist?
- Typical depression cognitive distortions
- Typical manic/hypomanic cognitive distortions
- Additional cognitive distortions common in bipolar disorder
- How to help people experiencing cognitive distortions — whether it’s you or someone else
- Q and A
Mental Health Masterclass Details
The next session for Get Real 4: How People with Bipolar Disorder Think — Cognitive Distortions is:
- What: Get Real 4: How People with Bipolar Think
- When: Wednesday, March 31, 10:00 a.m.-11:30 a.m. PT (1:00 p.m.-2:30 p.m. ET) (Convert to any time zone here.)
- How long: 90 minutes
- How much: $35.00 early bird tickets; $45.00 after that
- Tickets: Get your tickets through Eventbrite.
Other Natasha Tracy Masterclasses
- Get Real 1: What You Need to Understand About a Bipolar Disorder Diagnosis
- Get Real 2: What Rapid Cycling in Bipolar Disorder Is Really Like
- Get Real 3: Beating Depression in Bipolar Disorder
- Get Real 5: Suicide Prevention — Tips from a Suicide Survivor
- Get Real 6: Anxiety in Bipolar Disorder — What? Why? And How to Fight It
- Get Real 7: Learn How to Accept a Mental Illness Diagnosis
- Get Real 8: Handling Anger, Aggression and Rage in Bipolar Disorder
- Get Real 9: How to Have Difficult Mental Health Conversations
- Get Real 10: How to Treat Treatment-Resistant Depression in Bipolar Disorder
- Get Real 11: Let’s Talk About Sex and Bipolar
I’m also offering some FREE online mini-webinars. Learn more about these here.
Do You Want to Know When Mental Health Masterclasses Are Scheduled?
Join this mailing list to be notified when new masterclasses are scheduled:
Hire Natasha Tracy as a Speaker
If you’d like to learn more about hiring Natasha Tracy as a speaker, click here.
Many more mental health talks are in the pipeline now.
If you have a specific idea for a talk you’d like to see, or you have any questions, just let me know.