Suicide, suicide awareness and suicide prevention are big topics on the Bipolar Burble so I decided I needed to do at least a couple of masterclasses on suicide. This online masterclass, Get Real 5: Suicide Prevention — Tips from a Suicide Survivor, is part of the Get Real series that prides itself on real talk on difficult subjects. (The online masterclasses in this series can be taken in any order.) In this case, it’s real talk about suicide, which is one of the scariest subjects we face as it’s attached to death. I know this. But it’s critical to know the facts about suicide if you are to face it successfully. None of us has to die of suicide.
Get Real 5 Masterclass on Preventing Suicide
Let this masterclass take the fear out of the conversation with fact, experience and research. This online masterclass explores the reality of suicide and its connection to mental illness from warning signs, to possible causes, to how to prevent a suicide, to what an attempt feels like, to what to do after an attempt. This masterclass works to educate about this important topic and its overall goal is prevention and hope.
If you’re concerned about suicide in your own life or in the life of a person you love, or if you’re an advocate, this masterclass is for you.
Suicide Prevention Masterclass Topics
Topics for this mental health webinar include:
- How to talk about suicide the right way
- Suicide facts and statistics – the basics
- Why do people attempt/die of suicide?
- The link between suicide and mental illness
- Suicide warning signs
- What to do if you see suicide warning signs in a loved one or in yourself
- When is it time to contact professional help?
- What kind of professional help should you contact?
- What a suicide attempt feels like
- Hope after a suicide attempt
- Q and A
Mental Health Masterclass Details
The next session for Get Real 5: Suicide Prevention — Tips from a Suicide Survivor is:
- What: Online masterclass: Get Real 5: Suicide Prevention — Tips from a Suicide Survivor
- On-demand access: Contact Natasha for on-demand access.
- How long: 90 minutes
- How much: $35.00 early bird tickets; $45.00 after that
Other Natasha Tracy Webinars
- Get Real 1: What You Need to Understand About a Bipolar Disorder Diagnosis
- Get Real 2: What Rapid Cycling in Bipolar Disorder Is Really Like
- Get Real 3: Beating Depression in Bipolar Disorder
- Get Real 4: How People with Bipolar Disorder Think — Cognitive Distortions
- Get Real 6: Anxiety in Bipolar Disorder — What? Why? And How to Fight It
- Get Real 7: Learn How to Accept a Mental Illness Diagnosis
- Get Real 8: Handling Anger, Aggression and Rage in Bipolar Disorder
- Get Real 9: How to Have Difficult Mental Health Conversations
- Get Real 10: How to Treat Treatment-Resistant Depression in Bipolar Disorder
- Get Real 11: Let’s Talk About Sex and Bipolar
I’m also offering some FREE online mini-webinars. Learn more about these here.
Do You Want to Know When Mental Health Webinars/Masterclasses Are Scheduled?
Join this mailing list to be notified when new webinars/masterclasses are scheduled:
Hire Natasha Tracy as a Speaker
If you’d like to learn more about hiring Natasha Tracy as a speaker, click here.
Many more mental health talks are in the pipeline now.
If you have a specific idea for a talk you’d like to see, or you have any questions, just let me know.